The EVH 5150III 100 Watt Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE INDICATED BELOW, AND/OR WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. SPONSOR. The Promotion is made available to you by Fender Musical Instrument Corporation (“Sponsor”) located at 17600 N. Perimeter Drive, Ste. 100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 United States.
3. DURATION. The Promotion begins on April 23 at 12:00:01 AM PST (8:00:01 AM GMT) and ends on June 5 at 11:59:59 PM PST (7:59:59 AM GMT) (â€œTermâ€).
4. ELIGIBILITY. Open only to persons who have reached the age of majority in their state or country of residence, with a minimum age of 18 years as of the date of entry, who are permanent legal residents of the following countries (and who are physically located therein): United States (excluding Rhode Island, United States territories, possessions, or military bases); Canada. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Employees of Sponsor or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, or agencies, or members of their immediate families, or persons living in same household of each, are not eligible to enter or win.
5. ENTRY. Entries must be submitted online via the Website during the Term. To enter online, participants must visit the Website during the Term and provide first and last name, email address, date of birth, postal code and telephone number. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person. Online entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of registration. No entries may be submitted on behalf of another person. The use of automatic or robotic entry devices is strictly prohibited. Entries will not be returned or acknowledged. All entries are the property of Sponsor. By participating, you represent and warrant that the information that you supply at the time of entry is true, accurate, current and complete. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the authenticity and accuracy of all information provided through the Website.
7. WINNER SELECTION One (1) potential grand prize winner will be randomly selected by Sponsor from all eligible entries on or about June 7, 2012 (â€œDrawingâ€) to receive the grand prize. The Drawing will be held on or about June 7, 2012. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by Sponsor by e-mail orâ€”in case you have provided us with your telephone numberâ€”by phone. Undeliverable e-mail notification or failure to respond to prize notification given by phone by the potential winner within seven (7) days of Sponsor sending such e-mail or making such phone call will result in forfeiture of the applicable prize. For notification by telephone, notice shall be deemed provided on the date that the Sponsor first calls the potential winner, or on the date that the Sponsor leaves the potential winner a voice mail message. Sponsor will attempt to award the prize within thirty (30) days of the Drawing. Any prize awarded may be forfeited if potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture by a potential winner, Sponsor will select an alternative potential winner via another random Drawing from among all eligible entries to receive the selected prize. Any entrant who is a Canadian resident and who is selected as a potential winner must first meet special requirements under Canadian law before being designated a winner, including correctly answering a time-based, mathematical skill-testing question administered by Sponsor (or Sponsor’s designated agent) without mechanical or electronic assistance. Failure to comply with such requirements, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will render entrant ineligible for winning and another entry shall be drawn. The prizes awarded and winnersâ€™ names and countries will be posted on the Fender website and Fender social media websites, and also may be requested from Sponsor by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor at the address below.
8. PRIZES. The first name selected in the Drawing will be deemed to be the potential prize winner of an EVH 5150 III 100 Watt head autographed by Eddie Van Halen. (Approximate Retail Value of the prize is 2399.99 USD. Actual cost may vary. Prizes are non-transferable, may not be substituted by the prize winner, and are not redeemable for cash. All taxes, fees, duties, surcharges, if any, associated with the redemption of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason.
9. DISCLAIMERS. Sponsor assumes no responsibility and is not liable for entries that are late, delayed, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete, and Sponsor assumes no responsibility and is not liable for system errors and failures, mechanical equipment malfunctions, viruses, hacker attacks, faulty transmissions, or other telecommunications malfunctions. Proof of transmissions does not constitute proof of entry. By entering this Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor.
11. RIGHT TO CANCEL OR TERMINATE. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, corruption, hacker attacks, faulty transmissions, force majeure, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. And, in such an instance, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, decide to award the prizes by random drawing of all eligible entries if it is able to do so fairly. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
12. PERMISSION TO USE NAME/LIKENESS. Any prize winner, by submitting an entry, grants permission to have his or her name, city, photograph and/or likeness used worldwide in any manner the Sponsor may deem appropriate for advertising, trade and/or promotional purposes related to the Promotion without additional compensation or right of review, including without limitation, posting the winnersâ€™ names on any Sponsor website unless prohibited by law.
13. RELEASE OF LIABILITY. Each entrant, by entering the Promotion, and the winners, by accepting any prize, release the Sponsor, and Sponsor’s subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, directors, officers, agents and employees from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for any damage, loss or injury (excluding death or personal injury caused by negligence) resulting from or arising out of participation in this Promotion, and, as to the winners, the acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the applicable prize. The winners must sign a Certificate of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release prior to receiving the prize, unless prohibited by law.
14. CONDUCT. By participating, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification or ineligibility to receive a prize. You further agree to comply with and be bound by decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole reasonable discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the operation of the Promotion and/or the Website; (b) violating these Official Rules; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
15. DISCLAIMER. THE PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED AS IS AND SPONSOR (TOGETHER WITH ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS) DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE PRIZE.
16. REQUEST FOR WINNERS LIST. Send winner lists requests within 6 months after the end of the Term to: The Fender Sonic Youth Jazzmaster Guitar Giveaway, Fender Musical Instrument Corporation (“Sponsor”) located at 17600 N. Perimeter Drive, Ste. 100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 United States.
17. GOVERNING LAW. The Promotion is governed by the laws of the State of Arizona. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Maricopa County, Arizona for the resolution of any disputes.
18. ARBITRATION. By participating, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Promotion will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and Sponsor, of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Official Rules, shall be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (â€œJAMSâ€) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect in the Phoenix, Arizona, USA area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.